Latest Change In GSTR-3B as Government simplifies filing
The government on came out with a simplified version of GSTR-3B , making it more user-friendly indications that it may possibly be used even beyond March 31. following key changes in the process of filing GSTR-3B.
- Either CGST or SGST/UGST amount to be filled in one column, other tax column auto-filled.
- You can now save the Form by confirming details filled in the Table. You can fill balance details later.
- Cross verifying saved details in any table(s) anytime by preview form or download option.
- To freeze details and know the liability as no more submission required.
- Changes in any table can be made before making the payment towards liabilities.
- As soon as you go for payment, you will see the details of existing balances in cash and credit ledgers (Table 6.1 – Payments Table).
- The system suggested Tax Credit (ITC) is already filled for discharging liability. Be aware, it is only suggestion. You can edit the same before finalizing the Return.
- When you confirm ITC and utilization of cash for payment of tax liability in Payments Table, the system does an automatic calculation for a shortfall in cash ledger.
- Once you are Ok with a shortfall, System will generate pre-filled challan for the shortfall and navigate to payments option.
- Once you make the online payment, the system will navigate back to Payments Table.
- After details filled satisfactory, click on “Proceed to file” Tab , select authorized signatory, Submit with EVC or DSC.
No changes were allowed post submission. Now, the tax liability to be paid in cash/ credit will be shown before submitting the return.earlier it a taxpayer was required to submit the return to ascertain the tax liability amount
Challan for payment of tax can now be auto-generated after offsetting the input tax credit available in credit ledger. Taxpayer, however, has an option to edit the credit amount to be utilized and not to consider the system generated credit utilization. Earlier, the assessee had to manually fill in the credit utilization amount and generate the challan.
Download facility of draft return
A new feature of downloading draft return at any stage has been provided to verify the saved details offline.
Auto-fill of tax amount
Either CGST or SGST/UGST amount to be filled in one column, other tax column auto-filled.
Detailed user manuals providing stepwise details of the return filing process has been made available to businesses.
“This step towards making the tax filing process more user-friendly is welcomed by taxpayers. As it makes the system fast .Hopefully, the businesses would find it easier to file returns which would, in turn, increase the level of compliances. After changes in Form 3B, It shows that the Government wants to continue with 3 B returns post-March 2018 also,”
These changes will definitely reduce manual input and reduce time to file which could less off errors. “Many user-friendly changes have been made in the GSTR-3B filing Now while filing we can view our tax liability before submitting. And view cash/credit ledger also y offset available to them and the tax to be paid before submission of their GSTR-3B return.”